OSP EXPO and GE Energy teamed up with the Cincinnati Reds to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, one of the world's premier centers for the research and treatment of children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
The Pre-game ceremony included:
- Emily Toney, Associate Director at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s Ohio fundraising office
- Alicia Buren, St. Jude Event Marketing Representative for the Cincinnati region
- Mary Beth Koelling, Vice President of Operations, Practical Communications, Parent Company of OSP magazine and OSP EXPO
- Trent Waterhouse, Vice President at GE Energy
- Karen Forgus, Reds Senior Director of Business Operations
OSP EXPO, GE Energy, and the Cincinnati Reds presented St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with a check in the amount of $12,500. The money was raised through the sale of tickets to the Reds vs. Cubs game from the support of the telecom community attending OSP EXPO which took place at the Duke Energy Convention Center September 13 – 14, 2011.
St. Jude patient families on the field included the Jones family, and the Witsoe family whose son threw out the first pitch of the game.